BC’s Office of the Human Rights Commissioner, Submission to the Minister of Public Safety and Solicitor General regarding immigration detention in provincial correctional facilities, March 2022.
BC’s Office of the Human Rights Commissioner, Equity is safer: Human rights considerations for policing reform in British Columbia, November 2021.
BC’s Office of the Human Rights Commissioner, Disaggregated demographic data collection in British Columbia: The grandmother perspective, September 2020.
BC’s Office of the Human Rights Commissioner, Disaggregated data: Summary of recommendations to prevent harm to communities, June 2021.
BC’s Office of the Human Rights Commissioner, Adding “social condition” as a protected ground to B.C.’s Human Rights Code, May 2020.
BC’s Office of the Human Rights Commissioner, Policy statement: COVID-19 pandemic, March 2020.
Burchill, John, Anne Clennet, Charles Dent, Raj Dir, Kasari Govender, Christine Hanson, Marie-Claude Landry, Lesley McCullough, Carey Majid, Marc-Alain Mallet, and Brenda Picard, Open letter calling for a national strategy for the collection of disaggregated health data, June 5, 2020.
The BC Human Rights Commissioner’s powers under the BC Human Rights Code include promoting compliance with international human rights obligations. As part of this power, the Commissioner routinely makes submissions in relation to international conventions, treaties, and other international instruments.
- BC’s Office of the Human Rights Commissioner, List of Issues Prior to Reporting for Canada’s 7th Periodic Review, Submission to the Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, United Nations Office of the High Commissioner of Human Rights, February 7, 2020.
BCOHRC planning and reporting
Our planning cycle is anchored by a series of cascading plans and reports including a five-year Strategic Plan, a three-year Service Plan and an Annual Report.
- Building a culture of human rights Annual Report 2020/21 and Service Plan 2021/22–2023/24
- Reimagining human rights in B.C.: Strategic Plan 2020/21–2024/25
- Laying the foundations: Annual Report 2019/20 and Service Plan 2020/21–2022/23
- Public Interest Disclosure Act: 2019-2020 annual report about disclosures for BC’s Office of the Human Rights Commissioner
This website contains links to other websites. We provide these to help you find more information. The linked websites do not necessarily reflect the views or endorsement of the Office of the Human Rights Commissioner or our commitment to a particular course of action. While we do our best to keep all information up to date, since the law changes so often, the Office of the Human Rights Commissioner cannot guarantee the legal accuracy or completeness of the information on its website. The information herein should be used for general information only. It is not meant to be used as legal advice for specific legal problems. If you need legal help, please contact a lawyer or advocate.