October 19, 2022, 10:00 am - 11:30 am
We envision a province in which we are all free from inequality, discrimination, and injustice. These free, introductory educational sessions seek to educate the public about B.C.’s Human Rights Code, a human rights law relevant to everyone in the province. These sessions will be held throughout the year and they relate to three settings protected by the Human Rights Code: Housing, Employment, and Services.
The upcoming session covers the area of Services. Every person has the right to be free from discrimination whether they are providing or receiving a service. Please join us during this interactive session and learn about your rights and responsibilities as they relate to services.
B.C.’s Human Rights Code: Educational sessions
These free 90-minute introductory session will focus on B.C.’s Human Rights Code and explore your rights and responsibilities under the Code.
By the end of this session learners will be able to:
- Situate B.C.’s Human Rights Code within other human rights laws
- Recognize terms used in the B.C. human rights system
- Identify discrimination under B.C.’s Human Rights Code
- Recognize what protected personal characteristics can be used to make human rights complaints
- Date: October 19th 2022
- Time: 10:00 am – 11:30 am PST
- Method: Virtual, via Zoom video conferencing
If you’re interested, what to do next:
- Please register on Zoom or
- Please contact email@example.com to register
- Please note that this session will host a maximum of 50 participants
A note on accessibility:
Closed captioning will be available at this event. Simultaneous Arabic translation will also be available. If you have other accessibility requirements, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Simultaneous translation is available for this session. If you have a translation request, please contact us at email@example.com at least 2-weeks prior to the event and we will do our best to accommodate.
These sessions are meant for a broad audience. If you are interested in booking a session for your organization or group please contact us through our event request page (specify if you want a focus on Housing, Employment or Services).