November 16, 2022, 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
We envision a province in which we are all free from inequality, discrimination, and injustice. These free, introductory educational sessions seek to educate the public about B.C.’s Human Rights Code, a human rights law relevant to everyone in the province. These sessions will be held throughout the year and they relate to three settings protected by the Human Rights Code: Housing, Employment and Services.
The upcoming session covers the area of employment. Whether you are an employer, employee or both there is a legal obligation to have human rights protected in the workplace. Please join us during these interactive sessions and learn about your rights and responsibilities as they relate to this area.
B.C.’s Human Rights Code: Educational sessions
These free 90-minute introductory session will focus on B.C.’s Human Rights Code and explore your rights and responsibilities under the Code.
By the end of this session learners will be able to:
- situate B.C.’s Human Rights Code within other human rights laws
- recognize terms used in the B.C. human rights system
- identify discrimination under B.C.’s Human Rights Code
- recognize what protected personal characteristics can be used to make human rights complaints
- Date: November 16th 2022
- Time: 3:00 – 4:30 pm PST
- Method: Virtual, via Zoom video conferencing
If you’re interested, what to do next:
- Please register on Zoom or
- Please contact email@example.com to register
- Please note that this session will host a maximum of 50 participants
A note on accessibility:
Closed captioning will be available at this event. If you have other accessibility requirements, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Simultaneous translation is available for this session. If you have a translation request, please contact us at email@example.com at least 2-weeks prior to the event and we will do our best to accommodate.
These sessions are meant for a broad audience. If you are interested in booking a session for your organization or group please contact us through our event request page (specify if you want a focus on Housing, Employment or Services).