August 18, 2022, 12:30 pm - 1:00 pm
Who is there to help me if I think I’ve been discriminated against?
Who are the different organizations in the human rights system and what do they each do?
These are some of the questions that will be the focus of a brief, free educational event from BC’s Office of the Human Rights Commissioner. On August 18, we will be launching a new 3-minute animated educational video on our website about the B.C. human rights system. After we screen the short video, we will also host, for the first time, a live public talk with three leaders in the B.C. human rights system including the Human Rights Commissioner, Kasari Govender. The Commissioner will be joined by the Chair of the BC Human Rights Tribunal and the Director of the BC Human Rights Clinic. This video is the second in our animated series of basic human rights education videos. Handouts will be available alongside the video to encourage audiences to deepen their learning and have discussions in their own communities.
If you, or people you help, ever wonder about how to navigate various agencies when considering making a formal human rights complaint or addressing human rights concerns, you won’t want to miss this event!
- When: Thursday August 18, 2022 from 12:30 – 1:00 p.m. PDT
- Who: Hosted by BC’s Office of the Human Rights Commissioner, featuring a conversation with three organizations:
- Where: Virtual, via Facebook live at www.facebook.com/humanrights4BC/. You do not need a Facebook account or login to view. To join the event by calling in via a toll-free phone number, call:
- +12042727920,82149396833#,,,,*269711# Canada
- +14388097799,,82149396833#,,,,*269711# Canada
If you’re interested, what to do next:
- How to register: Visit our Facebook page to watch the livestream event. The event will be recorded.
- Send us your questions in advance and we will try and include some audience questions as part of the discussion.
- Share this event with others in your network
- Let us know you are attending. Submit your name, email and questions below or email us at email@example.com
A note on accessibility:
Closed captioning will be available at this event. If you have other accessibility requirements, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on our toll-free number at 1-844-922-6472.